Conditions for free clean up service
Please read the following conditions for using the service, prior to making a booking:
- The free booked cleanup service is for residential properties only within the Marrickville Council Local Government Area. This service is not available for businesses.
- In any one type of collection, Council will take up to 2 cubic metres of material, which is equivalent to a small box trailer load. Any more than this and Council will provide you with a quotation to remove the materials.
- Always put material for collection OUTSIDE the property on the nature strip or verge. Material must be placed neatly and close to the gutter. It must be placed so as to NOT obstruct pedestrian access. For any one booking, items must be placed either out the front of the property or in the rear lane and not both. Material must not obstruct your letterbox.
- Council's Customer Service Officer will inform you of a collection date. You will need to place the items out the night before this collection date. Please note that for Whitegoods/Metal goods collection, the pick up day is Tuesday. However, Council will make the collection within 4 days. If the item(s) have not been collected by Friday afternoon, please contact Council on 9335 2137.
- The Green waste collection should only be booked for bulk green waste that does not fit into your green waste bin. Please note that a green waste bin is provided free of charge to every household. Requirements are that branches should not exceed 15cm in diameter and need to be cut in 1.0 metre bundled lengths. All tree branches must be bundled and tied to be collected. Materials larger than this such as stumps and mature branches will not be accepted. Green waste material resulting from a Tree Preservation Determination from Council shall be by private arrangement and not through Council's Clean Up service.
- Marrickville Council is taking part in a mattress recycling initiative in conjunction with Soft Landing - Mission Australia. Soft Landing will collect, clean and redistribute mattresses to charity (as first priority), recycling them as a last resort. When booking a mattress collection please specify in the description of waste the number of mattresses you would like us to collect and from what location - front, rear or side of your property. Your mattress will be collected within 48 hours.
- Council strongly suggests that residents hold onto any electronic items (e-waste) and bring them to the next Household Chemical CleanOut and e-Waste drop off day (if circumstances permit). When dumped in landfill, the materials contained in e-waste can become unstable, contaminating soil and groundwater. By recycling unwanted electrical items, we can work together to reduce this environmental hazard and combat this ever growing waste stream.