Our Citizen Service Charter
Marrickville Council's key goal is to be a responsive, innovative and efficient Council that exercises leadership and builds community strength. In doing so, Council is looking to fulfil its vision for Marrickville to be a great place for all people, in keeping with the Marrickville Community Strategic Plan.
Our Commitment of Service
In serving the community, Marrickville Council is committed to being a sustainable organisation that works hard to provide services that meet your needs. Council will ensure that the community is regularly consulted, and encouraged to participate in decision-making and planning. We will:
- strive to provide accurate, fair and consistent advice;
- be polite, courteous and use clear language;
- provide a major community languages service during business hours (Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Portuguese and Vietnamese). Translated information about Council services is available in these languages on our website at all times;
- strive to provide accessible services and information to all in our community;
- respond to urgent calls about public health and safety immediately or as soon as practical;
- strive to answer your telephone call to the Citizens' Service Centre (CSC) 9335 2222 number within 2 minutes. Our performance standard for answering calls to the CSC is 75% of calls within 2 minutes during business hours. The phone service operates 24 hours per day. Calls to other Council phones will be returned within 48 hours;
- strive to respond to communications promptly. We will respond to all correspondence in writing within 3 weeks of receipt. Complex enquiries may take longer to finalise but we will attempt to provide you an estimate at the time of our response;
- acknowledge the receipt of all submissions to Council in writing within 3 weeks of receipt and advise you when the matter is to be considered by Council;
- provide a contact name and telephone number in all correspondence;
- provide a range of online services on our website - www.marrickville.nsw.gov.au - including 'Have Your Say' for feedback on our services; and
- begin investigation of official complaints within 3 days of receipt and keep you informed of progress.
These standards apply across Council. For more information on service-specific standards, please contact Council's Citizens' Service Centre.