Dulwich Hill Community Fair
Sunday 2 December 2012
The Dulwich Hill Community Fair will be held on Sunday 2 December from 10:00am – 4:00pm on Marrickville Road between New Canterbury Road and Durham Lane and celebrate the arrival of Christmas with live entertainment, children’s activities and a huge mix of market stalls, all celebrating the diversity and quality of local produce.
A range of market stalls offers fair-goers the chance to take home unique Christmas gifts for family and friends. Fill Christmas stockings with handmade jewellery and clothing, canvas prints and handicrafts, home wares, children’s toys and clothing as well as homemade preserves and sweets.
Savour delicious international food such as German sausages, Vietnamese noodles and South Indian Pancakes. Cuisine from Spain, Mexico, Portugal and Turkey will also be available. Fairy-floss, ice-cream and other festival-favourites will also be available.
The Main Stage will offer a huge line-up of entertainment with West African musicians Keyim Ba and soul-infused seven-piece extravaganza Righteous Voodoo. There will also be performances from Songs from Next Door Choir, local entertainer Phill Simmons, Dulwich Hill Primary School and Dulwich Hill High School for Visual Arts, as well as martial arts displays from Sydney Self Defence.
Children will enjoy the jumping castle, face painting, Earthbeats drumming workshops and Christmas craft with the Magic Yellow Bus. The gypsy-jazz sounds from Lola Lavina and the Gypsy Caravan and funky kids' band Electric Lunchbox will have children singing and dancing. Kids can also get up close to crocodiles, snakes, lizards, birds and marsupials at the Native Animal Show. There's also the chance to visit special guest Santa.
Great prizes can be won from local businesses by completing the 'Discover Dulwich Hill Passport'. Pick up a copy at participating businesses, collect a stamp from each location marked, then take the completed passport to the Main Stage to enter the competition. You can also download a copy here in PDF format.
- 10.00am - Songs From Next Door
- 10.30am - Ukuele-oke
- 11.00am - Fitness Local
- 11.25am - Electric Lunchbox
- 12.00pm - Official Welcome
- 12.15pm - Phil Simmons
- 12.55pm - Sydney Self Defence
- 1.25pm - Dulwich Hill Primary School
- 2.00pm - Dulwich Hill High School for Visual Arts & Design Band
- 2.35pm - Righteous Voodoo
- 3.30pm - Keyim Ba
KIDS' PLAY PARK
- 10.00am - Sydney Self Defence
- 10.50am - Lolo Lavina and the Gypsy Caravan
- 11.35am - Progressive Taekwondo & Self Defence Centre
- 11.55am - DiscoMas – Christmas Disco Songs
- 12.50pm - Earthbeats Children’s Music
- 1.30pm - Electric Lunchbox
- 2.20pm - Earthbeats Children’s Music
- 2.40pm - Ukuele-oke
- 3.00pm - Lolo Lavina and the Gypsy Caravan
SANTA'S PLAY PARK
- 10.00am - Native Animal Show (every hour until 3:00pm)
- 12.10pm - Santa Photos – Visit Santa and have your photo taken
Official proceedings will take place on the Main Stage between 12:00pm and 12.15pm. The Mayor will be welcoming special guest Santa Claus.
Dulwich Hill Community Fair is presented by Marrickville Council and the Dulwich Hill Urban Centre Committee.
Marrickville Council encourages you to walk, ride or travel by public transport to the fair.
Find us on Facebook
Keep in touch and discuss Council's events and festivals on Facebook. Visit our Marrickville Art Post page and click the "Like" button.