Volunteering at the Green Living Centre
Green Living Centre volunteers work with the community and local businesses to move towards a more sustainable environment.
What do the Green Living Centre Volunteers do?
Volunteers are involved in a wide range of activities supporting Green Living Centre programs including:
- planning, implementing and reporting on projects and activities;
- developing and distributing resources to the local business community and residents;
- designing and delivering education activities with staff;
- representing the Green Living Centre at festivals and events; and
- participating in training and networking activities offered by the Green Living Centre.
Many volunteer opportunities are mid to long term and involve an ongoing commitment. Volunteer roles are negotiated on an individual basis.
Volunteers find there are many benefits to volunteering at the Green Living Centre, including:
- training and professional development;
- a safe and supportive work environment;
- teamwork experiences;
- opportunities to meet new people; and
- involvement with the local community.
How to get involved
Places in the Volunteer Program are limited and applications are taken on an individual basis. New or interested volunteers are invited to contact the Volunteer Coordinator by phone on 9519 6366 or email email@example.com.