Heritage Promotions Committee
Marrickville Council's Heritage Promotions Committee (HPC) meets 4 times per year at Council's Administration Building at 2-14 Fisher Street Petersham.
The HPC assists Council by advising on matters affecting heritage. It organises events such as the Marrickville Medal, the Marrickville Urban Photography Competition and History Week. It also runs projects such as the plaques program.
The HPC comprises two Councillors, Council's Heritage & Urban Design Advisor and Co-ordinator History Services, the President of the Marrickville Heritage Society, and members of the community.
The committee is currently seeking new community members who are interested and/or skilled in heritage issues. Please contact Kate Napier on 9335 2222 if you would like to attend a meeting.
Heritage walking tours
- A walking tour of Abergeldie Estate Dulwich Hill (PDF)
- Marrickville Road Walking Tour (PDF)
- The Cooks River Tour (PDF)
- A walk through Petersham (PDF)
- Shrublands: The David Street Estate from 1909 (PDF)
- Welcome on Board (PDF)
- Brick buildings in Petersham (PDF)
- Marrickville industry in the 20th Century (PDF)
- Marrickville Federation Houses Tour (PDF)
Links to Council pages
Links to other resources
- Dictionary of Sydney
- Cadigal Wangal website
- Marrickville Heritage Society blog
- St Peters Cooks River History Group
- Land and Property Information, SIX Viewer - 1943 aerial photograph
- Land and Property Information - Parish Map Preservation Project (Parish Petersham)
- State Library - Metropolitan Detail Series
- Trove (holy sacred trove)