Item Request Form
Requests for specific journals articles should be made on the Request a Journal Article form (charges will apply for this service).
Please fill in this form for:
- Charges will apply (see Fees and Charges)
- Delivery may take a minimum of 2 weeks but it is more common for them to take longer as we are dependent on availability at other libraries
- Items less than 2 years old are generally not available for Inter-library loan
Suggestion for Purchase
- No charges apply
- We are unable to estimate delivery times as they vary widely for different types of items and suppliers
- All suggestions are appreciated but decisions to purchase are based on Marrickville Library collection development policy
Community language bulk loan
- No charges apply
- For the supply of a small selection of items in languages not held in the Marrickville Library collection.
Selections are usually supplied within 7 weeks but it may take longer depending on availability of stock
Requests for individual titles should be made as an Inter-library Loan request.
- Every effort will be made to purchase or borrow a copy of the item, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to satisfy every request.
Please read the following terms and conditions before proceeding:
- In accordance with Marrickville Council's Information Handling Policy, any personal information provided on this form will be used by Marrickville Library Service only for purposes directly related to your membership of Marrickville Library Service, including notifying you of Marrickville Library Service functions and activities. You acknowledge that Marrickville Library Service will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except to a service provider for the sole purpose of performing an activity on behalf of Marrickville Library Service; and that Marrickville Library Service will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the recipient handles your personal information in accordance with appropriate privacy principles. Your prior consent will be sought for any other proposed disclosure.
- Information concerning the item requested may be forwarded to other libraries in order to fulfill your request.
- A charge will be levied against your library membership if an inter-library loan is required, and must be paid on your next visit to the library.
- You will be contacted by mail or telephone or SMS or E-mail when the item is ready for you to borrow.
- Any cost as a result of delay in the return of the item, damage or loss, must be paid by you, as determined by the Library that supplied your loan request.
- The maximum number of requests you can make at one time is 6.