Magic Yellow Bus
Mobile Activities Centre
The Magic Yellow Bus is a free activities and community information service held at local parks in the Marrickville Council area.
This mobile play group is for children aged six weeks to 12 years and their parents/carers. It runs from 9.30am–12.30pm on designated days.
Please remember that all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Great reasons to come along...
- No bookings needed, just show up!
- Children can play and interact with others
- Chance to meet other local parents/carers
- Children discover the joys of learning in a group
- Special storytime visits
The service operates up to 48 weeks a year, except in wet weather, strong winds or extreme heat (temperatures in excess of 35 degrees Celsius). The service does not operate during public holidays.
|Monday||Petersham Park||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Tuesday||McNeilly Park||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Tuesday||Tillman Park, Tempe||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Wednesday||Camperdown Memorial Rest Park, Newtown||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Wednesday||Steel Park*, Marrickville South||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Thursday||Enmore Park||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Friday||Johnson Park, Dulwich Hill||9.30am - 12.30pm|
* The Steel Park Bus is located next to the Debbie Abbey Borgia Recreation Centre, corner Illawarra Rd and Thornley St, Marrickville South.
The Magic Yellow Bus is also available for hire by community organisations at special events and excursions by arrangement. For further information contact the co-ordinator on 0412 921 540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magic Yellow Bus Guidelines
- Supervision: Please join in and help your children with activities suitable for their age. At all times supervising the children in your care is your responsibility.
- Setting Up: To meet Work Health & Safety requirements, please keep children away from The Magic Yellow Bus area during set up so staff can set up safely and quickly.
- Packing Up: You can show your children how to put toys, books and equipment into the boxes and bags provided. Please do not allow children to pick up or carry any heavy items.
- Entry to the Vehicle: Only Magic Yellow Bus staff are to use the steps or enter the inside of the vehicle due to Work Health & Safety guidelines.
- Dogs: In accordance with the NSW Companion Animal Act all dogs must be on a leash and at least 10 metres away from The Magic Yellow Bus area.
- Toys, Books and Equipment: Please keep all toys, books and equipment on the mat, table or area that they are set up in so they can be used by all children and aren’t misplaced. Please take care of all toys, books and equipment and bring any damaged/broken items to staff.
- Food and Drinks: Please do not eat food or have drinks on any of the mats or tables. There are children who attend the service who have severe food allergies. To avoid any accidents, please keep hot drinks with you at all times and keep them away from children.
- Waste: Please dispose of recyclable items and waste in the bins provided.
For enquiries please contact the Citizens' Service Centre on 9335 2222.