Marrickville Town Hall
303 Marrickville Road, Marrickville NSW 2204
Downloads and Links
Sunday to Thursday: 8am – midnight (function to end by 11pm)
Friday and Saturday: 8am – 1am (function to end by Midnight)
New Years Eve: 8am – 2am (function to end by 1am)
Conveniently located in the heart of Marrickville, this Hall is the largest community venue available for hire in the Marrickville Local Government Area. Maintained in its original heritage condition, this historic Town Hall is available for recreational, public, and private events. Featuring a large wooden dance floor, tables, chairs, and a large commercial kitchen, it is the ideal venue for concerts, dances, meetings, conferences and weddings.
- Main Hall 27m long x 20m wide x 9.2m high
- Stage 6.6m deep x 9.4m wide (opening 7.1m)
- 525 dinner and dance
- 560 meeting layout
- View the venue floor plan
- Grand foyer, carpeted
- Sprung wooden dance floor
- 550 chairs
- 75 x 8-seater tables 210cm x 75cm
- Commercial kitchen
- Stage lighting mounted overhead
- One dressing room with toilet
- Additional shower and backstage shower
- Basic sound system with microphone
- Accessible via side ramp to main foyer and auditorium
- Accessible toilet available
- 13m long bench top
- Gas oven, cook top and cooking plate
- Electric warmer
- Refrigerator, 3 doors
- Hot water urn
Please note: if you require any of the following, it is your responsibility to provide it:
- Table coverings
- Cleaning equipment to wipe all surfaces after the event
- Cutlery, crockery and food service equipment
- Dishwashing materials and extra rubbish bags
- PA jacks for iPods, etc.
- Stage lighting if required
- Personnel to set up and pack down the hall
- 3 phase (5 pin) on stage; key access required
- 20 amp outlet adjacent to front foyer
- 4 double power points in kitchen
- Power points on rear wall of hall and side rooms
- View diagram of power outlets
Available on the street to the side and rear of the Hall.
Marrickville Station is 10 minutes walk.
418 and 426 buses stop directly outside the Hall.
- This hall is located in a residential area
- Some functions will require security to be booked
- Marrickville Council venues are not licensed. If you plan on selling alcohol, you must inform Council and obtain the necessary license from the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing.
General Enquiries and Bookings
If you have any enquiries regarding the booking of a community facility, please contact Marrickville Council's Customer Service Centre on (02) 9335 2222 or email email@example.com.
You can also complete the following booking form: Booking Enquiry Form, July 2012 - June 2013
We recommend you read our terms of hire prior to requesting a booking: Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- Marrickville Town Hall History
- Local businesses
- Tips to plan your event
- NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing website