Become a Library Member
Become a Member Online
Library Membership is free.
When joining Marrickville Library you will be asked to prove your identity. For your ID, please bring either:
- Your driver's license, or;
- One item each from both List 1 and List 2 below:
- Council rates notice
- Phone / water / power bill showing current address (dated 3 months or less)
- Social security card with current address
- Student card with current address
- Health Care Card
- Pension Card
- Bank statement / passbook / cheque book showing current address
- Motor registration with current address
- Private health insurance card showing current address
- Lease Agreement
- Credit card
- Photo identification tag
- 18+ Card
- Defence Force ID
- Student Card
If you are under 16 years, a parent or guardian must sign an application form in the presence of a library staff member and bring a Medicare card with the child's name on it - plus their own ID in the form of either their drivers' license or a document from List 1 above.
You will always need your library card to borrow from the library.
Please notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen by contacting one of our branches.