NOTICE: Petersham Park Playground Upgrade Construction Works
Construction of the new Petersham Park playground and barbecue facility is scheduled to begin on 10 April 2013 and will be completed in July 2013, weather permitting. The playground area will be closed to all public access during the construction. The remainder of the park will be open.
The works will include:
- Demolition of the existing playground;
- Minor earthworks and removal of one tree;
- New playground including new play equipment, combination of rubber and mulch softfall surfacing, paving, and entrance area featuring a large seating deck;
- New barbecue and picnic table settings;
- Upgrade of the pathway between the playground and Aquatic Centre; and
- New landscaping including advanced tree planting, garden beds and turfing.
Council thanks residents for their patience during construction.
For further information please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on phone 9335 2222.
Parks and Reserves in Marrickville
Marrickville Council's parks and reserves provide a wide variety of passive and active recreational opportunities for people of all ages - including children's playgrounds, sports fields, off-leash areas, native wetlands and picnic areas.
The range of parks in the area include heritage parks at Petersham, Camperdown and Enmore, a green corridor along the Cooks River, and an expansive recreation reserve at Tempe - along with many local playgrounds, sports fields and pocket parks.
Council is responsible for the planning, design, maintenance and improvement of its 106 parks and reserves.