Safety in Marrickville Advisory Committee
The role of the Safety in Marrickville Committee is to address community safety issues on a whole of community basis by focussing on community strengthening activities and by preventing community harm.
The aims of the SIM committee
The overall aims of the committee are to co-ordinate and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of locally-based community safety policies and initiatives in relation to the Marrickville Community Safety Plan and to:
- Provide strategic leadership, management, innovation, advice and direction in community safety
- Establish and foster strategic partnerships, agreements and protocols between key agencies and community leaders in relation to an ongoing integrated approach to community safety.
- Actively promote, encourage and support implementation groups and representatives in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the Safety in Marrickville Plan.
- Represent respective organisations and the Safety in Marrickville Committee in other forums and to commit resources on an ongoing basis to strategies and initiatives as outlined in the Safety in Marrickville Plan.
- Actively promote the Marrickville Community Safety Plan to the wider community.
You can download the terms of reference here:
- Terms of Reference (PDF)
|Clr Chris Woods||Marrickville Council|
|Clr Melissa Brooks||Marrickville Council|
|2 representatives||Marrickville Local Area Command|
|2 representatives||Newtown Area Command|
Minutes and agendas
- Agenda, February 2013
- Minutes, December 2012
- Minutes, September 2012
- Minutes, June 2012
- Minutes, February 2012
- Minutes, December 2011
- Minutes, September 2011
- Minutes, June 2011
- Minutes, March 2011
- Minutes, December 2010
- Minutes, September 2010
- Minutes, March 2010
- Minutes, December 2009
- Minutes, September 2009
- Minutes, March 2009
- Minutes, December 2008
- Minutes, June 2008
- Minutes, March 2008
- Minutes, December 2007
- Minutes, September 2007
Please email email@example.com for further information on the Safety in Marrickville committee.
Citizens' Service Centre: 9335 2222
After Hours Emergencies: 9962 7755
Community Safety Officer: 9335 2151
Ground Floor, Administration Centre
2-14 Fisher St, Petersham
(8:30 to 5pm, Monday-Friday)