Spring Garden Competition
Marrickville Council's Spring Garden Competition runs yearly. Residents and businesses within the Marrickville Council area are invited to enter this great community event - whether a beginner gardener or a horticulturalist, whether you have a courtyard garden or a large backyard.
Since 2006 all entrants have been automatically entered in a water-efficient garden category, with judges looking for water-saving measures and sustainable garden design.
For further information on the Spring Garden Competition please contact Council's Citizens Service Centre on 9335 2222.
Spring Garden Competition 2012
Entries closed on Friday 31 August 2012. Thank you to everybody who entered their garden.
Judging was completed in September with all gardens judged on design and layout, plant selection, plant health and maintenance, and water savings measures. The winners were announced at an awards ceremony on Thursday 8 November 2012.
The winners are:
- Best Small Garden – Elaine Ellmers, Marrickville
- Best Large Garden – Marie and Gordon Burns, Tempe
- Best Front Garden – Felicity Weaver, Dulwich Hill
- Best Courtyard Garden – Warren Johnson, Marrickville
- Best Native Garden – Peter Willet and Cindy Lin, Camperdown
- Best Home Unit Garden – Fiona Munroe, Petersham
- Best Edible Garden – Steve Webb, Marrickville
- Best School or Childcare Centre – Camdenville Public School, Newtown
- Best Commercial Garden – TAFE West Street Campus, Petersham
Water Efficiency Award – Michele Margolis, Enmore