Approved Waste Container Companies
Companies Approved for Operation On Council Roads and Footpaths
When you need to hire a waste container for construction waste, and it cannot fit within your property boundaries, you must obtain a permit to place the bin on Council's roads and footpaths. To obtain a permit, you should first arrange hire of your bin from one of the companies listed below (who have registered with Council), then contact Council and pay any permit fees applicable.
Fees for July 2012 – June 2013
A permit for 7 days (or less) is free and can be obtained quickly over the phone.
Permits for more than 7 days cost $91 per week (including GST) and an application form to be completed. Payment must be received by Council before the permit can be issued. These fees are current to for the 2012-13 financial year and in accordance with the current Schedule of Fees and Charges.
Citizens who use a waste container that is not approved by Marrickville Council may be issued with an infringement notice by Council's rangers.
Choosing and placing the bin
- A waste container should only be placed on a Council footpath in instances where:
- it is not possible (due to a severe lack of space) to store waste products upon private property; AND
- it is not possible to place a waste container on the roadway (as a result of it not being legal to park a motor vehicle on the street outside the premises).
- A waste container can only be placed on a footpath or other public place where it is possible, at all times, to maintain a completely unobstructed pedestrian access way, of at least 1.5 metres in width, between the property boundary and the waste container.
- The maximum size for a waste container placed on a footpath or other public place is 3.6m long x 1.5m wide x 1.5m high.
- A waste container should only be placed on a roadway where parking restrictions (or other Australian Road Rules) do not restrict the stopping or parking of a motor vehicle (including 'No Stopping', 'No Standing' and 'No Parking' areas).
- The maximum size for a waste container placed on a Council road or public carpark is 4.8m long x 1.8m wide x 1.5m high.
- Permission must be obtained from the Roads and Traffic Authority for the placement of a waste container on the roadway along a State Road.
Please consider others and place the waste container as close to your property as possible.
Current as at November 2012:
|Company||Phone number||Fax number or email|
|Ausscrap||9519 5241||9516 3078|
|Aussie Skip (NSW) Pty Ltd||9712 5356||9712 3028|
|Bingo Group Pty Ltd||9737 0308||9737 0351|
|Brown Brothers Waste Contractors Pty Ltd||9918 2483 / 0418 476 625||9973 1379|
|Cheap & Quick Waste Bins||9755 2888||9755 2005|
|Dats Skip Bins (Skips North Shore) (Instant Rubbish) (Instant Bins)||1300 654 334||9907 4977|
|Dial A Dump||9519 9999||
|Discount Skip||9804 6444||9801 4455|
|Eco Skips||0402 111 008||9599 8303|
|Empire Waste Bins||9311 email@example.com|
Freddy's Skip Bins
|9703 5399 / 0410 455 633||9703 7995|
|Get Fast Waste Bins||9744 5555||9744 8511|
|Go Green Environmental Waste Services||9729 4696||9756 1832|
|Has a Bin||9642 1477||9642 0071|
|Jim's Skip Bins||131 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Just Skip Bins Pty Ltd||1800 626 388||9684 4955|
Larodan (Skipmaster Waste Management)
(Bin & Gone) (Austwaste Recyclers)
|1300 662 114||9606 4435|
|Orange Waste Bins||1300 767 006||9792 3868|
|Wasteline Waste Management||9344 0929||9344 0929|
If you are a waste container company seeking to join this list, please contact Council's Citizen Service Centre on 9335 2222 and ask for a registration form, or download the form here (DOC file). An approval fee (payable first year only and refunded when registration lapses) as well as an annual fee apply.