Inner West Council provides a fortnightly collection service for green waste in the former Marrickville Council area.
Houses and units are provided with a 240L green waste bin (green lid) or a 140L green waste bin (green lid). Additional bins may be provided free of charge – request a bin online or call 9335 2222.
Have tree branches that don't fit in the green waste bin? Book a branches collection here.
What goes in my green waste bin?
- Grass clippings
- Twigs and small branches
- Flowers and excess pruning material
What does not go in my green waste bin?
Important collection information
- Ensure that bins are out the night before and are returned to your property within 24 hours of collection.
- Bins left on the road or footpath can go missing during collection day and pose a risk for pedestrians and disrupt traffic. Be a good neighbour and bring your bins in.
- The maximum weight allowance for a 140 litre bin (the smaller type) is 50kg. The maximum weight for a 240 litre bin is 70kg.
- Do not overfill your bin, as this results in litter being blown out. Make sure that the bin lid can be shut. Overflowing bins will not be collected.
- Visit this page to find more information on obtaining an extra recycling bin.
Reporting a lost or stolen bin?
Visit this page for details.
Don't know your collection day?
Visit the collection days and zones page to download a collection calendar.
Where does my green waste go when collected?
Once collected by Marrickville Council trucks, green waste is transported to Rockdale Transfer Station where it i turned into mulch and resold to the public and landscape contractors.