Members can make suggestions and requests for items that we should add to our collection. This can either be done by voting for books, or filling out an item request form.
Vote for books
Vote for the books you most want to see in the library. We present a range of the best forthcoming books and order those you most want. Simply enter your email address, library card number and start voting!
Requests for specific journals articles should be made on the request a journal article form (charges will apply for this service).
Please fill in this form for:
Suggestions for purchase
- Unfortunately, we are unable to estimate delivery times as they vary greatly
- All suggestions are considered and will be fulfilled if in adherence to the Library’s collection development policy
- Charges will apply (see fees and charges)
- The delivery timeframe for interlibrary loans is dependent on availability at other libraries. Therefore, it may take up to three weeks. This period can be longer if access to titles is restricted
Community language bulk loan
- No charges apply
- For the supply of a small selection of items in languages not held in the Marrickville Library collection
- Selections are usually supplied within three weeks but it may take longer depending on availability of stock
- Requests for individual titles should be made as an interlibrary loan request.
- Every effort will be made to purchase or borrow a copy of the item, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to satisfy every request
Please read the following terms and conditions before proceeding:
- In accordance with Marrickville Council's Information Handling Policy, any personal information provided on this form will be used by Marrickville Library Service only for purposes directly related to your membership of Marrickville Library Service, including notifying you of Marrickville Library Service functions and activities. You acknowledge that Marrickville Library Service will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except to a service provider for the sole purpose of performing an activity on behalf of Marrickville Library Service; and that Marrickville Library Service will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the recipient handles your personal information in accordance with appropriate privacy principles. Your prior consent will be sought for any other proposed disclosure
- Information concerning the item requested may be forwarded to other libraries in order to fulfill your request
- A charge will be levied against your library membership if an interlibrary loan is required, and must be paid on your next visit to the library
- You will be contacted by mail, phone, SMS or email when the item is ready for you to borrow
- Any cost as a result of delay in the return of the item, damage or loss, must be paid by you, as determined by the Library that supplied your loan request
- You can only make six requests at one time
If you understand the above, click on the link below.
Continue to the item request form