Marrickville is packed with a range of arts and cultural services and venues. Local creative industries of all shapes and sizes mean you don't need to go far to find creative products and suppliers. Download listings below in PDF format.
Please note we endeavour to keep this list up to date; please advise Council if you are aware of any incorrect information.
To register your business or service in our Local Directory please email email@example.com.
Download our map from the Marrickville Open Studio Trail 2011 (PDF) to find visual arts studios and galleries. We recommend you contact these venues before visiting to ensure they are open to the public.
Useful information and links for artists
- Small Business NSW is the NSW Government's information website for people starting, running or growing a small business.
- CreateBiz is a resource put together by the Australia Council of the Arts to help artists to access government support programs.
- The Easy Grants Newsletter from Our Community lists a variety of funding and philanthropic updates. The subscription fee is very reasonable.
- Arts NSW offers financial assistance for arts and cultural activities in NSW.
- The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government's arts funding and advisory body. It supports Australia's arts through funding, strengthening and developing the arts sector.
- Artsupport Australia specialises in creating links between the arts and corporate philanthropy.
Temporary and arts-specific public liability insurance is available.
Arts associations and councils
Other useful links
- Arts Law Centre of Australia is the national legal centre for the arts providing a telephone legal advice service for arts related matters.
- ArtsHub lists jobs in the arts sector and features interviews and reviews.
- Artsinfo is a government agency providing a single point of access for information about all possible sources of support available to the cultural sector.
- Pozible (formerly Fundbreak) is a crowdfunding platform and community for creative projects and ideas.
- The Sydney ARI Guide is a guide to over 30 non-for-profit artist-run initiatives (ARIs) in Sydney's inner city and inner west.
Help us keep this list fresh and useful. If you have anything to add, please email firstname.lastname@example.org