International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. In some places like China, Russia, Vietnam and Bulgaria, International Women's Day is a national holiday – and here at Marrickville Council we celebrate the achievements of local women throughout the community.
Women and Words – An International Women's Day Event
Saturday 5 March 2016, 3pm – 5pm
Women and Words will feature a panel discussing how being women informs their work and powers social change.
- Zoe Norton-Lodge – writer and presenter on The Checkout and The Chaser's Media Circus and author of debut book, Almost Sincerely
- Fiona Katauskas – cartoonist, illustrator and author of The Amazing True Story of How Babies are Made
- Mireille Juchau – award-winning writer whose third novel The World Without Us recently won the 2016 Victorian Premier's Literary Awards for Fiction.
Stay for post-panel refreshments, a chat with the panellists and a chance to purchase a signed copy of their recent books.
- Venue: Stanmore Library, Douglas Street, Stanmore (next to Stanmore Station)
- Bookings: Call 9335 2173 or visit marrickvillelibrary.eventbrite.com.au; TTY 9335 2025.
- Contact: For further information about the event please call the Marrickville Library and History on 9335 2173.