Featured artist: Shannon Crees

Permits and approvals

Featured artist: Shannon Crees
You are here:


Permits and approvals

Special approvals and permits are required for business to conduct certain activities in Marrickville.

Please visit Council's forms page for application forms for the following:

  • Footway Licence for Restaurants (Outdoor Dining)
  • Footway Licence for A-Frames and Goods Displayed on Footpaths
  • Street stalls and markets
  • Parking Permits

Development Applications

Proposals to alter commercial premises or change the type of business conducted, as well as proposals to establish a new business, will usually require a development application. Visit the Planning and Development section for detailed information.

Smoke Free Outdoor Dining

Inner West Council supports smoke free environments to encourage a healthier, cleaner and greener communities. We want to support both non-smokers and smokers to reduce their exposure to cigarettes by restricting smoking in certain areas where cigarettes cause harm to the community.

Outdoor dining areas on footpaths are smoke free zones.