Featured artist: Shannon Crees

Waste containers in public areas

Featured artist: Shannon Crees
You are here:


Waste containers in public areas

Containers for construction waste (skip bins)

When you need to hire a waste container for construction waste, and it cannot fit within your property boundaries, you must obtain a permit to place the bin on Council's roads and footpaths.

Visit the construction waste (skip bins) page on the main Inner West Council website for more information, including a permit application form and a list of approved providers.

Construction waste/skip bins

Event bins

Council offers garbage and recycling bins for special events within the former Marrickville local government area. We can help you decide on the number of bins you will need for your event. Download a booking form and send it to council@innerwest.nsw.gov.au or to the address in the form.

Effective from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018, the hiring cost for each 240 L garbage and recycling bin is $35.50 (GST inclusive). Note that a refund of $15.00 per bin applies if the recycling bins (yellow lid) are returned with less than 1% contamination, as assessed by our collection crew. Refunds are usually processed within 14 days.

Bins will be delivered on the last business day before the event and collected on the first business day following the event. The applicant is responsible for the bins during the loan period, and any lost bins or excess material will be charged according to Council's current fees and charges.

Containers for recycled clothing

Clothing receivable container companies must register with Council if they intend placing containers on public areas in the Inner West Council area on behalf of their customers.

The applicable policy and application form are available to download here: